Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Cook's Corner

    I've been encouraged to start a blog on Pocono Mountain restaurants.  My wife and I dine out frequently and I've been posting our experiences on facebook and twitter.  Maybe it is time to get serious about it!

    My first blog will be our Friday night destination.  The Cook's Corner in Henryville, Pa.  Dave and Cindy Cook had The Cook's Touch in Mountainhome and closed a few years ago.  It was a favorite restaurant of mine.   I was happy to hear they opened The Cook's Corner at a new location on route 715 and Cherry Lane Church Drive in Henryville. 
    Smaller then the original location you may have a short wait.  We were seated quickly and greeted by our server.  Ice tea ordered and it comes  in a Mason jar.  Bev ordered shrimp and crab cakes in a pesto tomato sauce, colored carrots and sauteed zucchini.  I had a cup of ham, bean, and cabbage soup.  Chopped sirloin burger with fried onions, sauteed zucchini and french fries.  Tasty rolls were served and soon came my soup.  I was very please with it.  Homemade and tasty.  My burger was done just right and everything else was delicious.  The shrimp and crabcake dish was excellent.  The sauteed zucchini was fantastic.  Bev is going to try to recreate it at home.  Her carrots were done just right.  Small carrots in various colors. No room for desert.
    Our server was attentive and quick.  Refills on the ice tea.  The owner came by and checked on us.
    The restaurant is quaint and warm.  Prices are resonable for this quality of food. Local artwork on the walls adds to the atmosphere.  We always see local friends there.
    This is our second visit.  We had lunch last month and it was so good we came back for a evening dinner.  Planning on returning.  You won't be dissapointed.

1 comment:

  1. My family and I are staying at one of the best indoor water parks, and I was looking for places to dine in the evening. I will definitely check out The Cooks Corner, when we visit.

    ReplyDelete