Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pott's Doggie Shop

    I was in Nazareth Pa. Tuesday and had the opportunity to stop by Pott's Doggie Shop for lunch.  Located on Rt. 191 (307 Broad St),  One of my favorite hotdog stands.  It was busy with workers and some older customers picking up lunch.  I ordered 2 dogs with the works (chili, onions and mustard), They do have other condiments.  I also ordered Good's potato chips and a med. Pepsi.  All for under $5.00.  The order came quickly and I went across the street to the park with picnic benchs.  Some elderly fellows were there and one said to me "sure is hot weather" and for 20 minutes we talked about the weather as I ate the chili dogs.  It was serendipity!   I realized this is what the retired old guys do. 
    Back to Pott's Doggie Shop.  The chili dogs are fantastic.  They remind me of Patella's Texas Weiner (know by locals as the greasy spoon).  It was were I had my first Texas weiner and I still remember it! I use to go there after football games.   Patellas's was located on N. Courtland St. in E. Stroudsburg near Brewskies. Long gone, but the memory lives on.
    Pott's has 2 other locations. Northhampton and Bethlehem.  They attend fairs and community events with their great hotdogs.  Writing this I'm thinking I could eat one now!

No comments:

Post a Comment