Sunday, August 12, 2012

Snydersville Family Diner

     After a few days at the shore and eating seafood at Hulu Hulu on the Boardwalk in Ocean City NJ, The Lobster House in Cape May and The Crab Trap in Somers Point.  I was ready for diner food.  My 65 year old birthday choice was The Snydersville Diner on Rt. 209 just south of Stroudsburg. 
     The diner has been a favorite of locals and visitors to the Poconos for years.  Sometimes the lines to get in reach out the door and down the ramp.  Serving a great breakfast and traditional dinners they are famous for their homemade pies.  I have some of their out of print cookbooks.
     I've been a customer for years and enjoy going there.  We went there for breakfast after my senior prom back in 1966.  Always a friendly greeting and I see someone I know every visit.  They hang local artwork on the walls.  I've shown my paintings there and have sold some off the diner walls. 
     Saturday night we arrived about 5:30 and got seated fast.  A nice waitress came quickly and took our drink order.  Ice tea was the choice.  I ordered one of my favorite items a hamburger steak with fried onions and gravy.  My choice of sides were mash potatoes and their homemade spiced cabbage. 
     The waitress brought rolls and soon our platters arrived.  The food was delicious and hot.  The chopped steak was done medium, just the way I ordered.  I had to have dessert and ordered blueberry crumb pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.  You can't beat it!
      I also enjoy the hot roast beef sandwich, burgers, homefries, pickeled red beets, and pork and sauerkraut (Tues. special), fresh baked haddock on Fridays.  They have a extensive pie and dessert list.  I sometimes get their graham cracker cream pie.  Opened 7 days at 6am.  Call 570-992-4003 for info or a takeout. A trip to the Snydersville Family Diner is always a treat!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment